Dear Rowan Orthodontics Patients,
We are beyond ready to get back to work and see everyone that we have missed so much! We hope this letter finds everyone healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into regular routines. Much has changed since we saw you last. We are all still coming to grips with the COVID-19 pandemic and events triggered by it. Everyone on the planet has been affected by COVID-19. We want to update you on our office, it’s measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
The information is continually changing, and Dr. Chad is trying as up-to-date as possible to make sure we are keeping those we love as safe as possible, while providing the treatment you and your family needs. To that end, we will be reopening on Monday, May 18th. We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures to ensure the safety and well-being of you, our patients, and the team members at Rowan Orthodontics.
We ask for your patience. We had to cancel over 1000 appointments, and we know that there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible. We will eventually, but it will not be as efficient as we are used to in our office. This benefits everyone. We will have to be very firm in our processes and procedures. They have been well-thought-out and reviewed countless times by Dr. Chad and our team. We have already begun rescheduling patients on a first-canceled-first-rescheduled basis, which is fair, efficient, and will serve everyone with getting back on track. Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
- All observation appointments are paused until the Fall. No observation appointments will be rescheduled until we are back in our regular routine.
- There will be a limit of patient appointments per day, roughly half of the regular appointment load. The points outlined below will lend clarity to this decision.
- Please call our office to reschedule your appointments. Although we are functioning at limited capacity we want to see you as soon as possible.
- Emergencies will continue only to be defined by pain or bleeding. For now, broken brackets and ill-fitting aligner trays do not constitute an emergency.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car. The front door will remain locked. Please call or text our office upon your arrival, and a Patient Wellness Coordinator will be out to escort you to your visit.
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception for this will be for younger patients. Of those, only one parent/caregiver may accompany the patient. Absolutely no other family members or friends will be allowed inside.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue, so bring the mask you have been using. If you do not have your own, please acquire one before your appointment.
- Your temperature will be taken by staff using a touchless thermometer. If your temp is over 100 degrees F, you will be asked to leave and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- A simple questionnaire assessing your contacts, travel, and well-being will be asked of all patients as well. Any question indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave, and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- Maintain the 6-foot social distancing guidelines when in the office until seated in the treatment chair.
- The tooth-brushing station will be used as a hand-washing/sanitizing station required of every patient before being seated. No tooth-brushing, only hand-washing.
- The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare for that before arrival.
- Patients will rinse with a 3% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse at a cup at the chair. Rinse 30 seconds and then spit back into the cup where an assistant will suction it.
- Patients will be seated every-other-chair in the office to maintain social distancing, which is one of the reasons limited number of patient/day schedule.
- We ask for understanding while we will try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during this visit due to strict scheduling times.
- WE LOVE OUR PATIENTS! We also love to chat with you at your appointment. Please understand that conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
- We will not be providing our cold water/hot chocolate station or any snacks while in this re-entry to normalcy time.
- We will take the temperatures of every team member, including Dr. Chad, immediately upon arrival at work, and after lunch. Any team member at 100 F or above will go home.
- Every team member will answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day. If any questions disqualify the team member, they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
- You will find upon arrival that our furniture has been rearranged. You’ll also notice other changes made to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and our team.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. You are the life-force of our practice, and this is why we are taking your safety VERY seriously. We would ask for your patience and understanding. Expect that your treatment progress has been delayed, as has your estimated completion time. We wish that were not the case, but it is. Please forgive us as we are focusing on getting each of you back on track while not exposing our team members or patients to unnecessary risk.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office or call/text, Dr. Chad directly. We love all of you, here’s to your health and smile!